Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  This isn't my first blog - I actually started one way back in 2004, if you can believe it, to chronicle my travels in Eastern Europe (sadly, the host site has long since disappeared.)  I've also had short-term blogs for charity projects where I blogged daily, which was an interesting challenge!  Over the last year, I've been wanting more and more to write, and not just pass off those posts to other blogs as I occasionally do.  So, here I am.

A little bit about me: I grew up mostly in Vermont, went to college at UNC and graduate school at the London School of Economics.  I have worked in food service, marketing, web content, urban planning, environmental and transportation lobbying, and nonprofit administration.  Currently, I'm 70% stay at home mom to my 2 and 6 year olds, 20% jewelry maker and 10% event & community organizer.  I have had some challenges with transitioning from 50-60 hour DC workweeks to 100% childcare to part time business owner.  I can occasionally be found guilting myself that my degrees are going to waste.  But mostly, I'm really happy with the life I've carved out, though it could use a bit more international travel, which I'm working on!

A bit about this blog: One of the reasons I started this blog is that I keep coming back to certain questions in my life, which largely relate to personal action.  Am I a good mom?   Am I making good choices for myself and my family?  Does my desire to protect the environment line up with my lifestyle?  Am I using my time wisely?  This blog is a place for me to share those questions.  And sometimes, answers (but no promises on that front!)

I hope to post more soon, I'm trying to finish up a post I've been working on for quite some time.

Comments

Popular Posts